2020 Foal Registration
Foal registration information for 2020. Letters for 2020 are M, N, O
How to register your foal informational video
FHANA will no longer be sending out Breeding certificates.
To register your foal, follow the following steps
1. Log into website using your KFPS R# and passcode. If you don’t know this number, please contact the office and we can send it to you.
2. If you aren’t already redirected to the portal. Click on Breeding at the top of the page. Once there, click on Link to “MYKFPS”.
3. This will redirect you to the KFPS portal.
4. Click on Foal Registration
5. Select the mare that was bred
6. This will direct you to a new screen where you will enter the foal information. Name, Date of Birth, Sex, New owner if one is applicable.
7. Enter your credit card information.
8. Click the “Save” at the bottom.
9. You will receive a notification that says “Your horse is now registered followed by the respective registration number”
This does not complete the process.
You will receive a notification email that is in Dutch. We are working on this to get this translated and sent to you in English.
Once you have registered the foal, FHANA receives a notification and we will process the registration. From this notification FHANA will then send you your Micro Chip and DNA kit which needs to be completed prior to attending an inspection.
B-Book II Registration Assessment
This form can be used to begin the process of a B-Book II registration. Its purpose is to collect the information needed to determine if a horse can be registered in the B-Book II.
How do I register my B-Book Horse?
What is a B Book II horse? This registry is intended for all purebred Friesian horses that were bred using Foal Book stallions without the approval of the KFPS. FHANA does not process registration applications for B-Book II horses. Members wishing to register such horses must correspond directly with the KFPS in the Netherlands. B-Book horses can be identified by their distinctive Black and White Papers.
How do I know if I am registering a B Book II horse? The first question we will ask you is “Who is the sire (Father) of the horse you are trying to register? If the horse is not an approved stallion then chances are he is a foal book stallion. Approved stallions will have a 3-digit number after their names. Examples: Wander 352, Nanning 374, or Alert 475.
How do I select a name? All names need to start with a specific letter coordinated by the year. To see the specific letters, click here. Your horse can be named anything you wish, but the name must start with the appropriate letter coordinated by the year.
What are the steps in registering a B Book II horse?
1. Identify if your horse belongs in this registry
2. Print off the B Book II registration form
3. Insert Microchip in the horse being registered
a. Microchips can be purchased from FHANA for $20 or they can be purchased from your veterinarian.
4. Pull a DNA sample (Tail Hairs) and tape the sample to an index card.
a. Identify the horse by name on the index card
5. Check to see if DNA is needed on the parents
a. You can check with FHANA to see if DNA is on file for both
6. If DNA is not on file, you will need to pull a sample from either the Dam (Mother) or Sire (Father) or both.
7. Include the B BookII registration assessment form, DNA samples, and microchips numbers and mail to the address found on page 2 of the registration assessment form.
a. Address: KFPS attention Eveline Van Kooten, Postbus 624, 9200 AP Drachten, The Netherlands
What happens next? After the KFPS has received the registration documents, they will confirm with you via email. After the DNA has been processed which normally takes 4-6 weeks to complete, you will receive an invoice from the KFPS to pay for the registration. This invoice will come via email. The price for this registration will vary depending on how many DNA samples are required to process for parentage verification. It will also include a Hydrocephalus & Dwarfism testing fee. This is required for all Mares. Payment for your invoice is done directly with the KFPS. Payments can be made by wire transfer or PayPal. Checks cannot be used.
When will I receive my Registration Papers? You will receive your registration papers once your invoice has been paid. The KFPS will notify FHANA and FHANA will generate and send them to you via standard post.
Dutch Birth Announcement Translated
Registration/Transfer Questions? Please review this form as it may answer all of your questions. [ Registration/Transfer FAQ ]
The Friesian Magazine
The Friesian magazine is a quarterly publication. If you are interested in "Everything" Friesian, then you won't want to miss this opportunity to order the Friesian magazine.