FHANA Sport Talent Cup Award Program
The Reporting Form can be found here: FHANA Talent Cup
FHANA’s Sport Talent Cup Awards are to test the predisposition for dressage and to reward young FHANA horses that are excelling in ridden or driven dressage performance. The Talent Cup Awards will be for 4, 5, and 6 YOs. FHANA Sport Talent Cup awards are based strictly on the ADS, USEF, USDF, SHS & EC dressage scores a horse achieves as a 4YO, 5YO, or 6 YO. For each age group there will be both a ridden and a driven annual Talent Cup winner and runner-up. Ridden dressage scores may be earned from every USDF test, Materiale through Level 3. Driven dressage scores may be earned from every ADS test, Training through Intermediate.
- Horse must be registered with FHANA when scores are earned
- Horse must be a 4, 5, or 6 YO
- Owner must be a FHANA member when scores are earned
- Scores may be earned with multiple riders/drivers
- The number of scores is limited to 10 for the year totals
- Owner is personally responsible for applying for an award using the FHANA Talent Cup Form
- Copies of test score sheets must be attached to the application
- Any ADS, USEF, USDF, SHS, or EC dressage test scored by an ADS, USEF, USDF, SHS, or EC dressage judge may be submitted.
- If two or more judges score one test, the average of their scores counts as one score.
- For ridden dressage, scores may be earned with every test, Materiale through Level 3
- For ridden dressage, 6 YOs may not use Materiale and Introductory scores
- For driven dressage, scores may be earned with every test, Training through Intermediate
- Scores must be from at least two (2) different judges
- Scores must be from at least two (2) different competitions
- Effective January 1, 2022, two (2) of the reported scores may be from videoed tests scored by Spotlight Horse Shows
- Only scores earned by a 4 YO may be used towards The 4 Year Old Talent Cup; only scores earned by a 5 YO may be used towards The 5 Year Old Talent Cup; only scores earned by a 6 YO may be used towards The 6 Year Old Talent Cup
- Points are earned according to the following tables:
|Percentage Scores||USDF/SHS/USEF Ridden Dressage||ADS/SHS/USEF Driven Dressage|
- Points for a test would be the product of the Percent Score points and the Level points.
- For example: An Intermediate Driven Dressage test with a 72.5% score would earn 3 x 5 for a total of 15 points, while a Level 3 Dressage test with a score of 62.5% would earn 6 x 3 for a total of 18 points
Award year & Presentation:
- Completed application must be received by November 30 of the current year to be considered for the current award year.
- Applications with the 2 highest score totals in each age group will be verified.
- Winner and runner-up in each age group will be recognized at the FHANA Annual meeting and published as such in year-end award materials.
- There will be no geographical Regional Talent Cup awards
The FHANA Resource Book
THE FHANA Resource Book is now available for order. This publication is good for all NEW and SEASONED members alike. Contact FHANA to obtain your copy today.