Friesian Horse Association of North America
Code of Conduct
The mission of The Friesian Horse Association of North America (FHANA) is “To Protect and Promote the KFPS Friesian Horse in North America.” In order to help FHANA succeed in this mission, a standard of conduct must be outlined for the membership. Adherence to this Code helps to ensure a safe and positive environment for all involved in FHANA’s business affairs, inspections, activities, programs, events, social media presence, and chapter activities.
Standards of Conduct
It is the policy of FHANA that its members, employees, board directors, committee members, mentors, site hosts, chapters and chapter members uphold the highest level of ethical and professional behavior, and shall:
1. Act in accordance with FHANA’s By-Laws and Rules & Regulations.
2. Treat with respect and consideration all persons, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, maternity, marital or family status, disability, age or national origin. FHANA supports equal opportunity, prohibits discriminatory practices, and is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and fairness.
3. Respect and protect privileged information to which they have access in the course of conducting official FHANA duties.
4. Exhibit professional and ethical behavior in any and all FHANA related activities. An even higher standard of behavior is expected from longstanding members, former board directors, and those in current or past leadership roles within FHANA.
5. Refrain from hostile communication with FHANA office employees.
6. Ensure any communication about FHANA, including social media posts, comply with FHANA’s policies on confidentiality and disclosure of proprietary information.
7. Be aware that all FHANA policies that regulate conduct apply to social media activity.
8. Agree that unless given written consent, FHANA’s logo may not be used in print or social media posts, per FHANA Rules and Regulations.
9. Understand that all FHANA event attendees and site hosts are expected to conduct themselves in a polite, professional and respectful manner. This Code pertains to all Inspection attendees regardless of their membership with FHANA or a chapter.
10. Support FHANA in protecting all members from bullying, harassment, intimidation, or any other kind of predatory behavior.
11. Make the health and safety of horses, members and attendees paramount at all FHANA related activities or events.
12. Make known when representing FHANA in any capacity, one’s personal opinions are not that of the organization.
Violations of the Code may result in penalties of varying or accelerating degrees, depending on frequency or severity. Serious violations and their consequences fall under the jurisdiction of the FHANA Grievance Policy, FHANA By-Laws, and FHANA Rules and Regulations.
The FHANA Resource Book
THE FHANA Resource Book is now available for order. This publication is good for all NEW and SEASONED members alike. Contact FHANA to obtain your copy today.