FHANA Performance Driving Award
FHANA Performance Driving Award-Sponsored by Kafka Farms
The reporting form can be found here: Performance Driving Award
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition results is contingent upon:
- The driver must be a current member of FHANA at the time the scores are earned and the horse (team of horses) driven must be a FHANA (KFPS) registered Friesian.
- Submitted show results must include at least one USEF/ADS/EC recognized event.
- Drivers must complete and submit the form below with all the appropriate information. Submitted points may be randomly validated.
- Drivers may include results for one horse or one team from a maximum of ten (10) classes only. Driving events may result in qualifying scores from more than one class. Driven Dressage Classes may NOT be used.
- Each driver/horse or team of horses requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States and/or Canada.
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts:
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|CDE (Combined Driving Event) Cones & Marathon Events recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||6|
|ADT; HDT (Arena Driving Trial; Horse Driving Trial) Cones & Obstacles/Marathon events recognized by USEF,ADS or EC||5|
|CT; SD (Combined Test-cones; Super Derby’ Super Drive-Cones & Obstacles/Marathon events) recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||4|
|Driving Derby-Cones & Obstacles/Marathon events recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||3|
|Pleasure Show (any class except dressage) Events recognized by USEF, ADS, or EC||2|
|Non-Recognized USEF, ADS, or EC driving event/class||1|
Combined Driving Competitions:
“CDE” Combined Driving Event 3 day event = 3 distinct competitions over 3 days
“CDE” 2 day event = 3 distinct competitions over 2 days
“DT” Driving trial = 3 distinct competitions (Dressage, Cones, Marathon) with marathon only 1 section
“ADT” Arena trial = 3 distinct competitions (Dressage, Cones, Marathon) that may be held in an outdoor or indoor arena
“CT” Combined test = 2 competitions (Dressage & Cones)
“HDT” Horse Driving Trial is a carriage driving event with three phases of competition that include dressage, cones, and a marathon with hazards/obstacles. The event is a shortened form of a CDE (combined driving event) and great for any age, any level, and any equine.
“DD” Driving Derby is one or more rounds over a course of cones and marathon type obstacles; a round is a timed competitions; marathon vehicles are encouraged
“SD” Super Derby is a driving derby plus cones and dressage
- 2. Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|Placing in Class||Placing Points|
- 3. Points for the total number of entrants in the class. The point value is simply the number of entries in the class.
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points times the Placing Points times the number of entries in the class.
Example: Suppose you participate in an USEF/ADS/EC recognized Arena Driving Trial (ADT cones class and that you placed 3rd out of 11 entries. This event would be scored as follows:
|For the type of show||5pts|
|For the placing||4pts|
|For the total number of entries in the class||11pts|
|the total score would be||5 x 4 x 11 or 220pts|
The FHANA Resource Book
THE FHANA Resource Book is now available for order. This publication is good for all NEW and SEASONED members alike. Contact FHANA to obtain your copy today.