FHANA Performance Driving Award-Sponsored by Kafka Farms
The reporting form can be found here: Performance Driving Award
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition results is contingent upon:
- The driver must be a current member of FHANA at the time the scores are earned and the horse (team of horses) driven must be a FHANA (KFPS) registered Friesian.
- Submitted show results must include at least one USEF/ADS/EC recognized event.
- Drivers must complete and submit the form below with all the appropriate information. Submitted points may be randomly validated.
- Drivers may include results for one horse or one team from a maximum of ten (10) classes only. Driving events may result in qualifying scores from more than one class. Driven Dressage Classes may NOT be used.
- Each driver/horse or team of horses requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States and/or Canada.
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts:
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|CDE (Combined Driving Event) Cones & Marathon Events recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||6|
|ADT; HDT (Arena Driving Trial; Horse Driving Trial) Cones & Obstacles/Marathon events recognized by USEF,ADS or EC||5|
|CT; SD (Combined Test-cones; Super Derby’ Super Drive-Cones & Obstacles/Marathon events) recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||4|
|Driving Derby-Cones & Obstacles/Marathon events recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||3|
|Driving Rail-Cones & Obstacles/Marathon Events recognized by USEF, ADS or EC||2|
|Non-Recognized USEF, ADS, or EC driving event/class||1|
Combined Driving Competitions:
“CDE” Combined Driving Event 3 day event = 3 distinct competitions over 3 days
“CDE” 2 day event = 3 distinct competitions over 2 days
“DT” Driving trial = 3 distinct competitions (Dressage, Cones, Marathon) with marathon only 1 section
“ADT” Arena trial = 3 distinct competitions (Dressage, Cones, Marathon) that may be held in an outdoor or indoor arena
“CT” Combined test = 2 competitions (Dressage & Cones)
“HDT” Horse Driving Trial is a carriage driving event with three phases of competition that include dressage, cones, and a marathon with hazards/obstacles. The event is a shortened form of a CDE (combined driving event) and great for any age, any level, and any equine.
“DD” Driving Derby is one or more rounds over a course of cones and marathon type obstacles; a round is a timed competitions; marathon vehicles are encouraged
“SD” Super Derby is a driving derby plus cones and dressage
- 2. Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|Placing in Class||Placing Points|
- 3. Points for the total number of entrants in the class. The point value is simply the number of entries in the class.
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points times the Placing Points times the number of entries in the class.
Example: Suppose you participate in an USEF/ADS/EC recognized Arena Driving Trial (ADT cones class and that you placed 3rd out of 11 entries. This event would be scored as follows:
|For the type of show||5pts|
|For the placing||4pts|
|For the total number of entries in the class||11pts|
|the total score would be||5 x 4 x 11 or 220pts|
The Friesian Magazine
The Friesian magazine is a quarterly publication. If you are interested in "Everything" Friesian, then you won't want to miss this opportunity to order the Friesian magazine.