FHANA Performance Ridden Dressage Award-Sponsored by Brookside Friesians
The reporting form can be found here: Performance Dressage Award
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition results is contingent upon:
- The rider must be a current member of FHANA at the time the scores are earned and the horse ridden must be a FHANA (KFPS) registered Friesian;
- Submitted show results must include at least one USEF/CEF recognized event;
- Riders must complete and submit the following form with a copy of each test reported. Results may be randomly validated;
- Rider/horse combination may include results from a maximum of ten (10) classes only-scores may only be from Dressage Classes.
- Each rider/horse combination requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States or Canada.
- Effective January 1, 2022, two (2) of the reported scores may be from videoed tests scored by Spotlight Horse Shows
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts:
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|State/Provincial/USEF/SHS/EC Regional Championship||4|
|USEF/SHS/EC Recognized Show||3|
|Non-Recognized or Schooling Show||2|
2. Points for your level within the event, shown below:
|Dressage Level||Placing Points|
|Prix St. Georges||9|
|Fourth, EC Medium 3 & 4||8|
|Third, EC Medium 1 & 2 + “Z1” level tests 23, 24, 25, & 26||7|
|Second, EC Basic 3 & 4||6|
|First, EC Basic 1 & 2||5|
3. Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|75.000 and above||6|
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points x the Level Points x the Score Points
Suppose you participate in a EC/USEF recognized dressage show at First Level, and score 63%. This event would be scored as follows:
For the type of show=3 pts. For the level shown=5pts. The total score would be 3 x 5 x 3 or 45 points.
|For the type of show||3 pts|
|For the level shown||5 pts|
|For the score||3 pts|
|The total score would be||3 x 5 x 3 or 45 pts|
The Friesian Magazine
The Friesian magazine is a quarterly publication. If you are interested in "Everything" Friesian, then you won't want to miss this opportunity to order the Friesian magazine.