FHANA Performance Ridden Dressage Award
FHANA Performance Ridden Dressage Award-Sponsored by Brookside Friesians
The reporting form can be found here: Performance Dressage Award
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition results is contingent upon:
- The rider must be a current member of FHANA at the time the scores are earned and the horse ridden must be a FHANA (KFPS) registered Friesian;
- Submitted show results must include at least one USEF/CEF recognized event;
- Riders must complete and submit the following form with a copy of each test reported. Results may be randomly validated;
- Rider/horse combination may include results from a maximum of ten (10) classes only-scores may only be from Dressage Classes.
- Each rider/horse combination requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States or Canada.
- Effective January 1, 2022, two (2) of the reported scores may be from videoed tests scored by Spotlight Horse Shows
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts:
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|State/Provincial/USEF/SHS/EC Regional Championship||4|
|USEF/SHS/EC Recognized Show||3|
|Non-Recognized or Schooling Show||2|
2. Points for your level within the event, shown below:
|Dressage Level||Placing Points|
|Prix St. Georges||9|
|Fourth, EC Medium 3 & 4||8|
|Third, EC Medium 1 & 2 + “Z1” level tests 23, 24, 25, & 26||7|
|Second, EC Basic 3 & 4||6|
|First, EC Basic 1 & 2||5|
3. Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|75.000 and above||6|
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points x the Level Points x the Score Points
Suppose you participate in a EC/USEF recognized dressage show at First Level, and score 63%. This event would be scored as follows:
For the type of show=3 pts. For the level shown=5pts. The total score would be 3 x 5 x 3 or 45 points.
|For the type of show||3 pts|
|For the level shown||5 pts|
|For the score||3 pts|
|The total score would be||3 x 5 x 3 or 45 pts|
The FHANA Resource Book
THE FHANA Resource Book is now available for order. This publication is good for all NEW and SEASONED members alike. Contact FHANA to obtain your copy today.