FHANA Performance Western Dressage Award-Sponsored by Rebecca Eccard Dressage
The Reporting form can be found here: Performance Western Dressage
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition results is contingent upon:
- Both the owner and the rider must be current members of FHANA at the time the scores are earned, and the horse ridden must be a FHANA (KFPS) registered Friesian;
- Submitted show results must include at least one WDAA, USEF, or EC recognized event
- Effective January 1, 2022, two (2) of the reported scores may be from videoed tests scored by Spotlight Horse Shows
- Riders must complete and submit the Performance Western Dressage form with a copy of each test reported. Results may be randomly validated;
- Rider/horse combination may include results from a maximum of ten (10) classes only – scores may only be from Western Dressage Classes.
- Each rider/horse combination requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States or Canada.
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts: show type, test level, and % score.
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|State/Provincial/USEF/SHS/EC Regional Championship||4|
|USEF/SHS/EC Recognized Show||3|
|Non-Recognized or Schooling Show||2|
- 2. Points for your level within the event, shown below:
|Dressage Level||Placing Points|
Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|Percentage Score||Score Points|
|80.0 & above||6|
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points times the Level Points times the Score Points.
Suppose you participate in a local USEF recognized show in Level 2, Test 3 and earn a score of 61%. This event would be scored as follows:
For the type of event 2pts; for the level shown 4pts; for the score 3pts. The total score would be 2 times 4 times 3 or 24 points. ( 2 x 4 x 3 = 24).
|For the type of show||2pts|
|For the level of show||4pts|
|For the score||3pts|
The total score would be: 2 x 4 x 3 or 24 pts
The Friesian Magazine
The Friesian magazine is a quarterly publication. If you are interested in "Everything" Friesian, then you won't want to miss this opportunity to order the Friesian magazine.