FHANA Performance Western Dressage Award-Sponsored by Rebecca Eccard Dressage
The Reporting form can be found here: Performance Western Dressage
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition results is contingent upon:
- Both the owner and the rider must be current members of FHANA at the time the scores are earned, and the horse ridden must be a FHANA (KFPS) registered Friesian;
- Any ADS, USEF, USDF, SHS, or EC dressage test scored by an ADS, USEF, USDF, SHS, or EC dressage judge may be submitted.
- Effective January 1, 2022, two (2) of the reported scores may be from videoed tests scored by Spotlight Horse Shows
- Riders must complete and submit the Performance Western Dressage form with a copy of each test reported. Results may be randomly validated;
- Rider/horse combination may include results from a maximum of ten (10) classes only – scores may only be from Western Dressage Classes.
- Each rider/horse combination requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States or Canada.
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts: show type, test level, and % score.
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|State/Provincial/USEF/SHS/EC Regional Championship||4|
|USEF/SHS/EC Recognized Show||3|
|Non-Recognized or Schooling Show||2|
- 2. Points for your level within the event, shown below:
|Dressage Level||Placing Points|
Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|Percentage Score||Score Points|
|80.0 & above||6|
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points times the Level Points times the Score Points.
Suppose you participate in a local USEF recognized show in Level 2, Test 3 and earn a score of 61%. This event would be scored as follows:
For the type of event 2pts; for the level shown 4pts; for the score 3pts. The total score would be 2 times 4 times 3 or 24 points. ( 2 x 4 x 3 = 24).
|For the type of show||2pts|
|For the level of show||4pts|
|For the score||3pts|
The total score would be: 2 x 4 x 3 or 24 pts
The FHANA Resource Book
THE FHANA Resource Book is now available for order. This publication is good for all NEW and SEASONED members alike. Contact FHANA to obtain your copy today.