FHANA Performance Driven Dressage Award
FHANA Performance Driven Dressage Award-Sponsored by Dreams Come True Farm
The Reporting Form can be found here: Performance Driven Dressage
AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 30
Eligibility: Acceptance of competition is contingent upon:
- The driver must be a current member of FHANA at the time the scores are earned and the horse (team of horses) driven must be a FHANA/KFPS registered Friesian/s
- Submitted show results must include at least one ADS, USEF, or EC recognized event
- Drivers must complete and submit the Performance Driven Dressage form with a copy of each test reported. Results may be randomly validated;
- Driver/Horse (team of horses) combination may include results from a maximum of ten (10) classes only-scores may only be from Driven Dressage Classes.
- Each Driver/Horse (team of horses) combination requires a separate entry.
- Recognized competitions may be from the United States or Canada
- Effective January 1, 2022, two (2) of the reported scores may be from videoed tests scored by Spotlight Horse Shows
If a class is judged by more than one official, the results must be averaged together for one award score. (example: one cannot turn in three tests or 3 results from three different judges all from the same ride/drive/class when there were 3 officials judging, but the average of those scores may be used for one score).
Scoring: The score for each event that you participate is made of three parts
- Points are granted for each type of show. See the table below:
|Type of Event or Show||Show Points|
|Combined Driving Event “CDE” dressage class (USEF, ADS, EC)||5|
|Arena Driving Trial “ADT”; Super Derby “SD” dressage class (USEF, ADS, SHS, EC)||4|
|Combined Test “CT” dressage class (USEF, ADS, SHS, EC)||3|
|Driven Dressage Test (USEF, ADS, SHS, EC)||2|
|Non-Recognized or Schooling Show Dressage Test||1|
- 2. Points for your level within the event, shown below:
|Dressage Level||Level Points|
- 3. Points for your placing within the event, shown below:
|Percentage Score||Score Points|
|70.0 and above||5|
The total score for a class is determined by multiplying the Show Points times the Level Points times the Score Points.
Suppose you participate in an ADS recognized CDE at Preliminary Level, and score 66%. This event would be scored as follows:
For the type of event 5pts, For the level shown 3pts, For the score 5pts. The total score would be 5 times 3 times 4 or 60 points (5x3x4=60)
|For the type of show||5pts|
|For the level shown||3pts|
|For the score||4pts|
|The total score||5 x 3 x 4=60|
The FHANA Resource Book
THE FHANA Resource Book is now available for order. This publication is good for all NEW and SEASONED members alike. Contact FHANA to obtain your copy today.