The FHANA Board of Directors met on May 18, 2021. Here are the highlights from the meeting.
- Mr. Smith reported that April was another sound financial month and we are tracking nicely in accordance to our budget.
- The Inspection Committee came with 3 different motions of which all 3 were approved.
Motion #1 The Committee recommends approval of Nakeurings, called a Post Inspection in
North America, at all FHANA Inspection Sites. To be eligible the horse must have been originally
registered at an Inspection site, was scratched from judging, the member paid the required fees,
and is willing and able to travel to another Inspection site that can accommodate a late entry.
Motion #2 The Committee recommends approval of Herkeurings, called Re-Inspections in
North America, at all Mare Shows. This type of re-inspection allows the member to appeal the
judges’ original decision. To be eligible for an appeal, the horse must have been judged by a KFPS
jury in the same calendar year, the FHANA member must submit the required appeal application to
the KFPS through the FHANA Office, pay the required fees, and is willing and able to travel to a Mare Show.
Motion #3 The Committee recommends that FHANA Leadership collaborate with the KFPS to
formalize a revised re-inspection logistical process given the unique geographical challenges in
North America. This revised North American plan would seek to allow the same KFPS Jury to re-
judge horses at Herkeurings or Re-Inspections, allow North American members to submit their
appeal application to the KFPS through the FHANA Office, and liberalize the required KFPS
timeframes (e.g., re-inspection will occur at the time of the next re-inspection and the seven-day
requirement to submit an appeal).
- The Board approved to deposit an additional $50,000.00 from our savings account into a William Blair Fixed Income Investment.
- The Sports Committee brought forward a motion to add a mare to the Horse of the Year Program.
- The Sports Committee also brought forward to add a Halter/Showmanship/In-hand category to our Youth Performance awards.
The next meeting is tentatively set for June 15, 2021
The Friesian Magazine
The Friesian magazine is a quarterly publication. If you are interested in "Everything" Friesian, then you won't want to miss this opportunity to order the Friesian magazine.