The FHANA Board of Directors met on Tuesday January 19th, 2021. Here are some highlights.
- The FHANA Board agreed to support The Fenway Foundation for Friesian Horses with their research on Mega-Esophagus. Additionally the Board voted to support the foundation monetarily to assist with their research.
- The Board approved to make a change to the Inspection Site host handbook.
- § If a horse’s identity cannot be verified by the officials at the Inspection, the horse will be allowed to participate and receive comments in judging; however, the horse’s results (premium and book) will be withheld. In addition, the horse will be disqualified from participating in any championship rounds. Once the DNA identity is confirmed the withheld results will be released in accordance with current FHANA policy.
- The FHANA Board decided to proceed with the 2021 FHANA AGM as a virtual event which will take place Saturday Feb. 27, 2021. Additional information will be posted on the FHANA Website.
- Mr. Tice reported that 18% of the membership has voted in the Board elections that are currently taking place and will end Jan. 31. Another reminder will be sent out soon.
- The board did discuss 2 grievances that were brought forward from the membership. A committee was formed and the investigation will take place following the FHANA Grievance Policy.
Next meeting scheduled for Friday Feb. 26, 2021.
The Friesian Magazine
The Friesian magazine is a quarterly publication. If you are interested in "Everything" Friesian, then you won't want to miss this opportunity to order the Friesian magazine.